Dirty homes are the major cause of the increasing number of allergic reactions in your family. Most of this dirt settles in places with high human contact such as carpets, upholstery, and tile, and grout floorings.
The more you come in contact with filthy surfaces, the higher your chance of having allergic reactions like coughing, sneezing, skin rashes, or irritation. These are mainly caused by allergens.
Learn to identify the cause and how to relieve indoor allergies for a safer and healthier home.
Identify The Cause Of Allergens At Home
To understand how to relieve indoor allergies, you first understand the cause of it. To reduce indoor allergens at home, regular cleaning is a must. The source of indoor allergens are:
- Pet Dander
- Dust Mites
- Carpets, upholstery, beddings, and pillows
- Tile and grout flooring.
- Humid Areas
- Indoor vegetation
- Presence of mold
Tips To Reduce Allergens At Home
- Use air conditioning instead of opening the windows. It is because the fresh air contains dust, dirt, allergens, and pollen that trigger your allergies.
- Use an air cleaner with High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter. This filter removes pollen, pet dander, and also cigarette smoke from homes.
- Try to use light weighed carpets, upholstery, or rugs to decrease the amount of dust settlement on them.
- Try to avoid fabric upholstered furniture. Instead opt for wood, leather, plastic, or vinyl furnishings.
- Use small rugs and carpets which can be easily dusted and cleaned off.
- Clean the hard floor surface with a damp mop every day.
- Vacuum, dust, and mop the house at least twice in a week to keep the allergens away from the house.
- Wear an air mask while dusting or mopping to save yourself from inhaling dusty air.
- Use wet-vacuum over dry ones for carpeting as it removes more allergens. You can also opt for the steam cleaning the carpet. Steam kills dust mites.
- Keep a check on the humidity level in your house by investing in a humidity meter. If you live in an area with high humidity, invest in a good dehumidifier.
So now you know how to relieve indoor allergies, then why not contact the supreme cleaning professionals in El Cajon? TNT Carpet Care provides deep cleaning services for carpets, upholstery, and tile and grout cleaning.
Contact our consultant at (619) 208 2708 to remedy your home from allergens. To know more tips and tricks, follow us on Linkedin.