Fabric sofas always enhance the look of the room. Moreover, they also create a cozy and comfortable feeling. Anyway, if you have pets and small kids in the home, stains are unavoidable. A DIY cleaning that looks like professional sofa cleaning appears difficult. Until you decorate your sofa upholstery with those amazing plastic covers, you will need to know how to clean sofa upholstery easily at home.
Here are some tips that can help you with how to clean sofa upholstery at home using the basic ingredients.
The first thing you need to make sure what type of sofa upholstery is. If your sofa is marked with an “X”, it means you can only vacuum it using an attachment. Moreover, the sofa tagged with “S” needs solvent-based cleaners. Additionally, that should be clearly labeled with the directions you need for those particular products.
Here is the list of things you will need during cleaning:
- A vacuum cleaner with an upholstery attachment.
- Get 3 white-colored microfiber cloths that won’t bleed on your sofa.
- A bucket
- Distilled water
- Liquid dish soap
- Distilled white vinegar
Note: Make sure you do a spot test with this homemade solution on a small, inconspicuous area of the surface before you start with cleaning.
Steps On How To Clean Like Sofa Cleaning services at Home
- Clean your sofa’s before you start cleaning it using the solution.
- Take a small bucket, mix 2 cups of water with 1 tablespoon of some dishwashing solution and 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Moisten the fiber cloth with your normal washing solution.
- Then gently start to scrub the stained area using the desired cloth. Rubbing or scrubbing can damage the fibers.
- Get a normal white cloth and moisten it with hot water and blot the damaged area to remove the residue.
- With a dry cloth, Clean the area one more time.
- Lastly, keep it under a fan to dry quickly.
Contact Us Now!
If you are looking for some professional help, you can get in touch with our professionals at TNT Carpet Care has 14 years of experience in upholstery cleaning services. Moreover, we provide upholstery cleaning in El Cajon and nearby areas. For more information and bookings follow our website.